New leases for prominent businesses on the Round Foundry estate
May 30 2018
Two of the longest-term commercial tenants on the Round Foundry estate in Holbeck have renewed their leases. Barristers Chambers Kings Bench Walk [KBW] and regional tourism agency, Welcome to Yorkshire, have committed to Leeds’s award-winning* creative neighbourhood for years to come.
Following 10 years’ success in The Engine House – the same building where Matthew Murray built the world’s first commercially successful steam engine – the respected Barristers Chambers has signed a new five-year lease with agents Creative Space Management on the 3,471 sq. ft office which is located at No 1 Foundry Square. Established in 1954 on the street of the same name in Temple, London, KBW opened a satellite office in Park Square, Leeds in 1982 which expanded significantly in 2004 when the whole administration team moved from London to Leeds.
When Welcome to Yorkshire was founded in 2009, Sir Gary Verity chose 5,375 sq. ft of office space in the Listed building Dry Sand Foundry for the new headquarters. The game-changing tourism body has committed to a new 10-year lease at the Foundry Square headquarters which has impressed visitors to Welcome to Yorkshire from all over the world.
Creative Space Management agreed the lease, who are joint agents on the scheme with Knight Frank.
To read more visit The Business Desk